Friday, March 30, 2012

The New Apartment

Evelyn is napping for the first time (while I am at home) in FOREVER!

So I will make this snappy.

I wanted to share how my place is coming together. First let me update you on our living situation. 4 adults 1 baby. Yep, we have 2 roommates!!! Our place is full...but really doesn't feel that way.

The Kitchen
Having practically NO MONEY to spend on anything fancy. I really focused on using what I had. My biggest investment was the cracker jars and chalk board spray paint. We had VERY ugly brown cabinets so I simply took the doors off and let my cute 5 and 10 cent finds from Goodwill do the work. I decided to use a white/ yellow/ stainless steel color scheme. White because you can find white things anywhere and if you can find it anywhere that means CHEAP! White is also very clean and bright. Yellow because I like that color and it seems to be what all the old people at Goodwill get rid of.

This is my go to cleaner. Vinegar it is cheap, cheap, cheap. I bought 2 gallons for $3. Use it for EVERYTHING! I used a bottle from the Container Store (90% off after Christmas...it was 5 cents). I've been using flour sack towels (12pk from Sam's Club) in place of paper towels. These towels are rather large so I cut them in quarters...so that's 48 reusable cloth towels! They were $12...I think.




These salt and pepper shakers were a 60 cent thrift store find.


The Living Room

Believe it or not thing I spent the most $$$ on in this photo is $6 on two cans of spray spray paint.
Here is the breakdown...
End Table- Dumpster dive find...I just drove by at the right time.
Anthropologie yellow knobs- $12 (used gift card...in my eyes not real money)
Large throw pillow- Old sheet and two old pillows sewn together
Couch- Roommate's old roommate left when they moved = FREE for me!!!


Bottom Line: Be Resourceful...use what ya got.

No comments:

Post a Comment